Thursday, November 18, 2010

Where it's at.



I've lately come to realize that, while Luke is my "All-in-yo-face-with-my-awesomeness!" awesome dog, Ophie is really where it's at.
Seriously.
She acts like she's just going to calmly come out of her crate in the morning, as she stretches and yawns and slowly makes her way out.
Then I shut the door, turn around, and BAM! I am slammed by an Ophie.  She's all, "RAWR! I am a puppy and I jump on you! And you have sleeves and pant legs just for ME!!!"
So, I have to tell her to knock it off, turn around, cross my arms over my chest, for about 5 seconds.
Then she gets the picture and walks towards the door to be let out.

Once we get outside, she pauses to void herself, then she jumps straight into the dead leafy buffet on my yard ground that is ALL FOR HER.  Dontcha know that Mother Nature makes those CRUNCHY, COOL leaves fall from the Heavens JUST FOR OPHIE??  Well, she knows it.  

And she eats it.
 

She eats and eats until I've decided that if she eats anymore dead leaves, she'll end up having a poop accident in the house of the loose leafy kind, so I happily say, "Ophie, come!" in which Ophie stops eating, and charges at me.  We go into the garage where she promptly sits her puppy butt on the cold garage floor in anticipation of the treat she gets for charging at me when I told her to.
YAY!

Her recall is getting better.  Thank GOD for a dog that is a Foodie.

2 comments:

  1. Ophie is looking good glad to hear everything is going okay for the 2. I just love them both.

    Dono

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ophie, you are too cute. We know that you will grow out of the puppy stage soon. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete